Vacature junior consultant
Are you fresh out of college or university and would you now like to take your first steps in your career as a fulltime professional? Or would you like to discover the wonderful world of consultancy? And would you like to do all this by joining a rapidly growing consultancy firm with international ambitions? Then apply quickly for the position of Junior Consultant at Vasco!
As a Junior Consultant, you will immediately be assigned to a project on which you will be joined by an experienced Vasco colleague, so right from the first day you will be adding value at one of our customers. Since you are starting work right away at the customer, you will be given a lot of responsibility quickly and will gain much useful experience for the rest of your career at Vasco.
As a Junior Consultant, it goes without saying that you are an important link in the success of projects and programmes. You ensure that the outstanding action items are followed up on and you chase them down too, including for customer campaigns. You can also carry out the project tasks assigned to you. You are able to review your work, you are not afraid to ask questions and you have the desire to improve yourself. You look into what knowledge and knowhow you already have and what you want to develop further. You shadow an experienced project team and experience different types of organisations from the inside. It’s the perfect opportunity to discover who you are, as well as the areas in which you want to develop yourself and grow.
- Collaborating, coordinating and following up on ongoing action items with a range of stakeholders within the project and the organisation
- Ensure that the project is run smoothly and as a tight ship, by applying and maintaining standard templates for programme plans and project plans
- Proactively monitoring and adjusting the planning, in which work you also look out for potential risks and report them to the team promptly
- Describing and analysing existing processes and mapping out new/optimised processes
- Implementing project management processes
- Drawing up and updating documentation and reports/reporting
You may be asking yourself: why should I do this at Vasco Consult? Well, in a nutshell:
- You will be starting your career at a small but rapidly growing company that has big plans. For example, we are now working hard on expanding our services into the Portuguese market and are also optimising our internal processes, so that we can continue to grow. This professionalisation project also has a role earmarked for you. You will utilise your knowhow and experience to help Vasco grow just that little bit more. We are building our future together!
- You will be able to see behind the scenes at a number of our customers, from major international companies to Dutch start-ups and from companies in the FMCG sector to haulage firms.
- You will join a diverse team of 30 Consultants made up of ambitious Junior Consultants, expert senior Consultants and very experienced programme managers. You can easily go to any of them to learn from them or just for a cup of coffee and chat.
- You are the designer of your own career bridge. Supported by a personal coach, you will map out where your own qualities lie and where you see opportunities for you to develop and improve. Vasco will help you do this by offering you an extensive training programme that consists of in-house training from our experts and by making it easy for you to take external training modules that can gain you a useful range of certification.
- We offer good employment conditions, including a long-term contract with competitive salary, a bonus for good performances, an electric car or mobility budget, a laptop and an expense allowance for such things as phone expenses. Vasco also offers you a clear path to help you grow: within a single year you could already be taking the next step from junior to ‘medior’ (mid-level) Consultant - and perhaps even a bit faster than that!
- Has this not been quite enough to convince you? Then we hope that the prospect of attending the legendary Vasco social events and trips abroad will give you the final push you need to get you over the line...
Are you now convinced that Vasco suits you down to the ground? Then please go through the following points to see whether you are a good fit for this position:
- You have academic-level professional and intellectual ability.
- You have a good mastery of both English and Dutch (both written and spoken).
- You like to work in a team and have an enterprising spirit.
- You are bursting at the seams with ambition and want to get the best out of yourself.
- You have a maximum of one year’s work experience.
Do you think that you and we could be a good match, even if you don’t satisfy all the above criteria? And would you like to get to know us better? Well, we would like to tell you even more about the position and about Vasco in general during an informative meeting. So, upload your CV and tell us in three sentences why you think that we and you are a good match. You can ask for a meeting without obligation with one of our Vasco Consultants (who may also become your new colleague!) via email: recruitment@vasco-consult. We can then decide together on the next steps to take.